Friday, February 1, 2013

This week I learned a lot about the different cultures that are in the world. I guess I never really thought of my life and experiences as a culture. I knew that there was different cultures but I guess I never really focused on what my culture is in my own family and what things I contribute to my personal family now that I've been married. I am grateful for the Mormon culture though, I love it because it bring peace because it is focused on the Savior and His teachings. I also learned a lot about families and family structures. Like what we read and talked about today in class about the Mexican family and what they had to go through and how much of an impact divorce or even just the dad going away for work for a few months can have on a family. I have been really learning a lot about families and how much we need each other. Elder Bednar talks a lot about this. That we need each other to survive and make it back to our Father in Heaven. I guess you could say that a lot of truths that I've "known" I am learning and gaining a deeper understanding of what they truly mean to me and to my Father in Heaven.

No comments: